Re: Error reporting (Re: Error numbering)

On 06.08.01 at 11:47, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

>I agree: I don't really like list.
>
>Take a look at the new Page Valet and Code Valet: I've incorporated my
>recent SP updates to give what I regard as much improved error reporting.
>Each error is given an ID, though not (now) a human- readable number.

*Nice!*

I contemplated something similar but those blasted colons in SP's output
killed it before I became serious about it. Methinks I'll have to start
badgering the OpenJade people to apply your patches and finish a release
allready. Your recent work, and the previous work by Liam, seems to deal
elegantly with so many of the problems we've been plagued with where SP is
concerned. Thanks Nick! I really appreciate the work you've put into this!

BTW, I'm going to be on the road until the middle of next week some time --
and Gerald won't be back until then either -- so if replies are late or
non-existant it's due to everyone being off galivanting around. I have a
couple of messages here I want to reply to before I go, but it may have to
wait until I get back.

Everyone play nice and remeber to feed the cookiemonster now y'hear? :-)

--

That would be ISO 261:1973.  -- John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>