Re: DTD 4.01 for ignoring & in CGI URL

* JohnTNYC wrote:
>It was just a temporary measure to make it easier for him to see if his
>pages validated for everything except encoded ampersands easily until a new
>version of his ecommerce platform fixes the bug in its URL generation
>routines.  The ampersand encoding is beyond his control and I'm sure he
>wasn't going to claim his pages as compliant until the software was fixed.
>Right Nester?

I think Kynn and I already got that...

However, I'm currently thinking about re-writing the check script with
some more object orientation to

  * seperate code and presentation
  * allow more backends than just SP, e.g.

     * a real XML Validator
     * XML Schema Validator
     * the CSS Validator
     * HTML::Tidy
     * ...
  * l10n of the Validator

One idea was to create some mapping table for common error messages. To
have a single code rather than some abitrary text string would
especially ease the l10n and the incorporation of appropriate
"explanation..." links. If we had such a table, we could easily
introduce some pragmas to disable certain error messages.