Re: "test licence" before using the validator

On Tuesday, February 20, 2001 at 16:19, sofia_lauffs@hotmail.com (Sofia
Lauffs) wrote:

> Fully agree Liam, if there is an error it should be fixed ... however
> in this case for exemple there is no error. What is being picked up is
> little snips of programming code that has been put in already.

I'm not sure we understand. Can you provide an example?

> Also small things like pages with a marginheight (and so on) are
> correct but will be picked up. You and I know why ... a person who has
> not read the fine print doesn't.

No, any page which includes a "marginheight" attribute has at least one
error (assuming you are validating against one of the published HTML
specs).

> I constantly use the validator for my own use, but I know how to
> interpret what it tells me. For those that doesn't I am suggesting a
> more clear explanation.

he validator can't be in a position of "interpreting" errors. All
it can do is report errors which exist as defined by the version of
HTML/XHTML/etc being checked against.

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith@barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!