  From: Terje Bless
  To: W3C Validator
  Cc: Ken Cotterill
  Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 6:40 AM
  Subject: Re: http://validator.w3.org/check/referer redirecting to document root

  On 16.02.01 at 19:02, Ken Cotterill <ken@me.com.au> wrote:

  >The http://validator.w3.org/check/referer URL is being redirected to
  >http://validator.w3.org/.

  Works like a charm for me. Are you sure that you are sending a referer? If
  you use an odd browser or going through some sort of proxy it may be that
  the referer URL isn't getting passed along to the Validator. Since it has
  no URL it gets redirected to the home page.

  The regression tests run fine in this regard and there's been no changes to
  the Validator in the last two months.