Re: INPUT TYPE="checkbox"

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Philip Mak wrote:

> unless ($f{terms} eq 'on') {
>   print "ERROR: You must agree to the Terms and Conditions.";
>   $Response->End();
> }
>
> I'm requiring that "terms" be set to "on". I'm guessing that the AOL
> browser decided to send "terms" as something else,

Yes, that makes sense.  I always test checkboxes for [any value]
vs [null value], and I've never encountered any problem with it.

> explicitly specify a VALUE attribute for my checkbox. (Perhaps I should
> have just written unless ($f{terms}) instead.)

Yes.  Indeed, I'm sure I've seen different browsers returning values
other than just "on" sometime before now.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>