Re: add local file to W3C HTML Validation Service (at UK Mirror Service)?

On 09.08.01 at 06:05, William.G.Starr@Cummins.com wrote:

>It appears that the primary W3C HTML Validation Service at "
>http://validator.w3.org/" is down again today, apparently due to the
>August 7 power outage in the MIT LCS W3C building.
>
>So I went looking for a mirror site and found one at "
>http://www.mirror.ac.uk/services/validator/".
>
>I'm thinking the primary site had the ability to validate a local file not
>on a public website.
>
>Does this mirror have that capability as well? I don't see it.

That mirror site is an unofficial mirror set up for the convenience of it's
users and not an official mirror of the W3C HTML Validation Service. The
W3C Validator does have a file upload feature, but the mirror on
www.mirror.ac.uk grabbed it's copy before that feature was added (on 26th
January 2000, a year an a half ago).