Re: Suggestion: Check elment first, attribute second

I guess one thing that might be worth a try is to add an option
that lists the errors by 'seriousness', unknown elements being
more serious than unknown attributes. But I have no idea whether
it would be easy or difficult to order the error messages.

For XML, another approach would be to do two checks, one for
well-formedness and another for validation. Well-formedness
errors are usually much more fundamental.

Nick, Terje, Bjoern,... what do you think?

Regards,   Martin.