Re: Should Relative URL in format 'http:g/' validate

On 25.10.00 at 20:47, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

>URI syntax checking and link checking is far beyhond the scope of what a
>Validator should do.

Not really. The attributes in question have a specific data type which is
defined to be a valid URI according RFC"whatever". Checking that does
conform to those rules is not out of scope for the validator. More to the
point though, it's not out of scope as an extra feature that can be enabled
with a switch on the invoking form.

The same goes for checking links.

--
As a cat owner, I know this for a fact...
Nothing says "I love you" like a decapitated gopher on your front porch.