Re: nn6?

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 10:03:39PM +0000, Orso Grigio wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, tim booker wrote:
> > http://timbooker.com/index.shtml in the address box.
> > Then I get the 500 error.

> If i telnet to timbooker.com on port 80 and send by hands a HTTP
> request, e.g.
>
> GET /index.shtml HTTP/1.0
> accept: */*
>
> i get a 500 error too...

This server seems to be returning 500's if there is no 'Host:'
header specified on incoming requests. (does NN6 really not
supply a Host: header!? If so, that's a terrible bug. I'm away
from my usual desktop system right now so I can't check easily.)

Anyway, I don't know why tim would have had trouble using the
validator with his site; it works now and nothing has changed on
this side.

--
Gerald Oskoboiny       <gerald@w3.org>  +1 613 261 6630
System Administrator   http://www.w3.org/People/Gerald/