Re: is it possible to compile simply the html-validator ?!?

On 01.11.00 at 11:53, Fred Gonot <frederic.gonot@okay.net> wrote:

>yes, i had a look on the source : i should have to install httpd, etc,
>etc... it should be very usefull to have the possibility to check directly
>as a command line, every html file: ./html_check my_file.html

This is a potential future feature. Some work has been done in this area,
but it's unlclear when or if it might make it into a production release.

However, be aware that you would still need to compile and install SP (the
SGML/XML Parser we rely on) and a myriade of Perl Modules (many available
as rpms and probably debs though) to make this work.