RE: XHTML image problems

At 11:09 AM 3/18/2000 , Bart Szyszka wrote:
> > Sounds like a browser issue to me. :)
>And besides, what about local copies of the image? A non-extensioned
>GIF file won't be able to be clicked on easily and loaded in the image
>viewer that is usually set for GIF files.

Sounds like a server issue.

The W3C server is doing A Right Thing by giving you a file with the
correct mime type included in the HTTP header, whether or not your
software can figure out what to do with it.  It -should- be able to
do something, and if your system -requires- that jpgs and gifs be
saved as .jpg or .gif, then that's a requirement of -your- system.

And thus it's your issue, not W3C's.

Now, admittedly, A More Right Thing would be to send a file name
that will work on broken systems like yours.

Become AWARE of Web Accessibility!                  http://aware.hwg.org/
The Spring 2000 Virtual Dog Show is now open!     http://www.dogshow.com/