Re: XHTML validation bug (false pass)

On 06.03.00 at 12:49, David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Terje Bless wrote:
>
>>Actually, I've had several people with pretty good knowledge of XML say
>>that SP's limitations are truely obscure and should appear next to never
>>in the wild.
>
>Counter-examples were what started the whole discussion.

Yes, examples that the _Validator_ will pass invalid XML off as valid, but
not that _SP_ will. While we rely on SP to do all the dirty work, it's just
conceivable that it could be a problem with how we are calling SP or the
pre-processing we do and not in SP itself.

Maybe Gerald knows a bit more about this. I wouldn't personally be able to
tell invalid XML from an Elephant if it was two seconds away from stepping
on me. :-)

>p.s. Pardon if I say I don't really care how the bug gets fixed,
>   so long as it gets fixed -- ASAP.

Noted! :-)