Re: Possible bug

On 28.01.00 at 17:42, Bjørn Vermo <bv@opera.no> wrote:
                        ^
I assume that's korrekt? It came through as gibberish on my end.

>For two different sites I have tried to validate, the validator has
>treated the page as XML. Looking at the page source, they have both looked
>like HTML to me, albeit lacking the DTD declaration. Besides, they were
>server with the MIME-type "text/html". The last (and probably easiest to
>check) was at www.gilde.no/.
>
>I assume this may be a bug, possibly an unsuitable choice of default
>value?

It's not a default. The Validator is guessing the Document Type and getting
it wrong. I have no clue why at the moment, but it is probably my bug so
I'll make a point of looking into it as soon as I can find the time. No
guarantees though, and since Gerald appears to be off in limbo at the
moment it could be a while before it gets fixed on the production site.