Re: Adding the valid-html401 logo to a page

On 30.11.00 at 10:23, Ralston.Matthew <Matthew.Ralston@haltoncollege.ac.uk>
wrote:

>I am in the process of making all the pages on my site HTML 4.01
>Transitional compliant. When I'm done I shall be putting the
>http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-html401 logo on some of my pages and
>allowing it to link to http://validator.w3.org/check/referer. However, the
>page returned by this link is all in the standard (Times?) font and the
>colour scheme on the page is wrong. I would like to know if it is
>acceptable for me to add my own style sheet to this page to make it match
>the rest of my site. I would NOT be altering anything else on the page. Am
>I allowed to do this?

I'm not sure I understand what it is you are intending to do. You cannot
modify the pages at w3.org, obviously, so are you intending to use a local
copy or to "frame" the page or what? The answer depends entirely on what
you're planning to do, but a good rule of thumb is to make sure you don't
misrepresent any modifications as the work of the W3C. Make your "Valid"
page look however you like and then just refer to the W3C for details.

If you gave any specific suggestions for how the look of the W3C HTMl
Validation Service could be improved, please feel free to speak up! :-)