RE: [www-validator]

Mark -- I'm chuckling...
I doubt such a huge job is appropriate for the public
W3C web site.  (It probably would amount to a
"denial-of-service attack" for the rest of us.)
But let's hear from Gerald or others actually in the W3C!!
(It's their service after all.)

My recommendation would be to install a copy on your own
server.  If you've read the archives here, it's doable,
but may not be for the faint-hearted.

You can then easily hack the perl source of "check"
to take a file of URLs as input rather than the
one-at-a-time CGI form and produce reports on each
URL.  In fact, using the CPAN perl library stuff, you
could tie it to a "web walker" to roam your space and
find its own input.  You could then hack "check" to
write the report files wherever you wish.  Prepare
yourself for a staggering volume of output.

I've been tempted to do this for a network myself, but
I've never quite summoned enough courage.

Good luck,
Gary Alderman