Re: Parsing of JavaScript (Validator FAQ #...1 was it?)

Hi, this sounds like actually what's happening is that it's
hitting a </ combination -- such as a javascript statement that
prints out a closing tag, any closing tag -- and then assumes
the rest should be parsed.

What you'll need to check for are statements like:

       document.write("</P>");

In javascript scripts, the "</" stuff must be escaped with a \
(backslash) before the forward slash, so it looks like "<\/"
or else it's invalid.  This is part of the specification for
using javascript with HTML.

For more details, Liam Quinn has a FAQ at:

      http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#script

Hope this helps!  If this doesn't solve your problem, feel free to
provide more information!

--Kynn

Catch the Web Accessibility Meme!                   http://aware.hwg.org/
Seeking the Best Internet Dog of 1999!     http://www.virtualdogshow.com/