RE: PNG versions of valid HTML images added

At 04:25 PM 10/05/1999 -0400, B. Szyszka wrote:
>> I added PNG versions of each of the valid HTML images:
>>     http://validator.w3.org/images/
>Speaking of which, when will XHTML's validation icon be available?

Isn't XHTML a proposed recommendation?  It doesn't make sense to issue
icons for something that has not cleared the W3C process yet.

>I created one that you can see at the bottom of:
>http://www.gigabee.com
>and a lot of people have asked me for permission to use it (since it's
>obviously something I modified rather than it being straight from the
>W3C site). I have absolutely no problem with people using that image,
>especially since I wasn't very creative with it.   : )

Why don't you make your own version of an XHTML 1.0 graphic that
doesn't use the W3C's intellectual property (the W3C symbol)?  Just
because they have not provided you with something you think you
should have (even if it _is_ premature as noted above), that does
not give you the right to go off and make your own.

Replace the W3C symbol with "gigabee" or whatever, and there'd be
no problem with it.  Otherwise, wait for the official one issued at
the correct time.

Catch the web accessibility meme!                   http://aware.hwg.org/