Re: Parser Error?

>On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Lloyd Wood wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Brian Gilkison wrote:
>> > The ampersand character ("&") is what is generating your error, since the
>> > validator is assuming what follows to be an entity reference.
>>
>> Since it isn't an entity reference, it's safe to assume that the
>> validator is in the wrong.

On the contrary; in the original URL in question
(http://www.baud.de/rc5/index.html ), line 59 for example, generates an
error:
   ...ibuted.net/rc5-64/tlist.php3?low=1&limit=100">Liste der 100...
                                        ^^^^^^
The author has referenced an entity ("&limit") that DOES NOT EXIST, and is
therefore incorrect HTML 4 Transitional (which was the requested DTD for
validating the original URL against) ...

I'd refer to the same link that Bjoern Hoehrmann gave
(http://www.cs.duke.edu/~dsb/kgv-faq/errors.html#bad-entity) for a more
detailed explanation...

Brian