Re: TARGET attribute

Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com> wrote:
>>I have the same problem. The Strict specification *does* include "Target"
>
>No, it doesn't.  Check again.  If you go to
><http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd> and do a search on "target",
>you won't find anything.

You're right, but I was looking at the "human readable" specification, which
does not list the target attribute as depreciated.

In the latest version http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-html40/index/attribs.html
neither "Depreciated" nor "Loose DTD" are listed against target (implying
"Strict").

In http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40-971218/index/attributes.html it was
listed as "Depreciated" and "Loose DTD" (but no mention of Frameset DTD)

it is once again neither "Depreciated" nor "Loose DTD".

So, clearly some problem in the documentation. I realise that the DTD itself
is the final word, but I still think the matter deserves clarification.

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david@heroes.force9.co.uk