Re: Newbie question about W3C images

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 11:13:45PM -0600, Aijaz A.Ansari wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> I have just started to use the W3C HTML Validation Service with
> a web site (www.qss.org) that I work on that has about 1500
> different pages.  Not all of these pages validate cleanly
> (yet), but I'm trying to get there so that I can have the
> server automatically display the icon on all pages instead of
> keeping track of which pages validate and which don't.
>
> For convenience, right now I don't display the icon on all
> pages, but in the hyperlink I display the string "W3C
> Validator".  This provides an easy way for me to call the
> referer validator as I visit various pages.

I don't really see a problem with that.

> My question is: Is there some other icon or image that can be
> used for situations like this while I'm working on getting the
> pages to validate?  My motivation is to make the visitors to
> the site aware of the issue and to show them that this is one
> of the goals we're striving towards.

W3C doesn't have any images like that, no.

You could maybe write something like:

    This site strives to be <a
    href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer">valid HTML</a>

but that would clutter up the page with extra text.

--
Gerald Oskoboiny       <gerald@w3.org>  +1 617 253 2920
System Administrator   http://www.w3.org/People/Gerald/