Re: :required validation in CSS3

From: Kravvitz <Kravvitz.css-validator@dynamicsitesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:49:57 -0400
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: Benedicte Roussel <benedicte55555@yahoo.fr>, "www-validator-css@w3.org" <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Isn't the main difference between a given attribute selector and its
equivalent pseudo-class that the attribute selector only matches the
attribute but a pseudo-class can be dynamic (e.g. respond to a property
change or other change in state)? An example would be "p:lang(en)", which
will match the "computed language" (for lack of a better term) of paragraph
elements whereas "p[lang|=en]" will only match the attribute on the
paragraph elements themselves. Fortunately, JavaScript can be used to
simulate most pseudo-classes, either by calling "setAttribute()" or by
adding/removing a class to/from the element.