Re: CSS validator, HTML validator, using direct input option

21.7.2016, 0:39, Kerry Ruddock wrote:

> I use the W3C CSS validator by direct input.
>

> One of the most obvious features that appears to be missing is having
> a button to perform
> the function of clearing the window of CSS code.

Any browser should have a simple tool for clearing a particular text
input area (which is what this is about). E.g. on Windows, click on the
area and enter Ctrl+A Ctrl+X. Or just Ctrl+A if the next operation is
pasting something there and typing something there.

> Currently, the only way I can clear the code of the CSS Validator window
> is by selecting and cutting
> it out before I am able copy and re-paste my fixed CSS code back into
> the W3C CSS validator.

You can normally do this in a simple and fast manner, possibly faster
than by clicking on a destruction button.

> A clear button would be appreciated by everyone that uses this free service.

No, it would not. A “clear button” is really a destruction button that
irrevocably removes all data entered by the user in the form. (This
would include any non-default settings for the dropdowns.)

Even though people mostly paste text in the area, they may type it (and
intend to copy and paste it if it validates). Wiping out all the input
when you accidentally hit a destruction button is very frustrating.

Yucca