Re: Broken Link http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/nullcolors.html#propdef-background-colo r

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 19:55:37 +0200
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
2014-01-06 18:27, Yves Lafon wrote:

>> Apparently, the validator is generating URLs but a crucial parameter
>> or variable has an undefined or void value, resulting in
>> ?http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/null? instead of a proper prefix.
>
> Yeah it's a known issue for CSS3, the result of going from a monolithic
> specification to many specifications, including properties defined by
> multiple specifications...
> So it will work if you use css21 profile.

And if I’m using CSS3 profile? It’s been the default in the CSS
Validator for some time, and it’s what people are using or at least
moving to.

I understand that fixing this would be a major effort, like a
redirection table that maps property names to various addresses. But the
current situation is rather bad, causing increased confusion.

Would it be possible to switch off the link generation when CSS3 profile
is used? If not, even switching it off completely might be better than
the current situation.

Yucca