Re: Broken Link http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/nullcolors.html#propdef-background-color

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 07:45:59 +0200
To: W3C WWW Validator CSS <www-validator-css@w3.org>
CC: Nils Afentoulidis <pustis@gmail.com>
2014-01-01 23:57, Jens O. Meiert wrote:

>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/nullcolors.html#propdef-background-color
>
> Played with this a bit and can reproduce. Bogus links
> everywhere—tested in direct input and URI modes. All URLs seem to
> point to “nullcolors.html#propdef”-something.

Indeed. A simple way to reproduce the issue is to validate by direct
input the following:

p { font-size: 1m }

The error message links to
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/nullfonts.html#propdef-font-size

Apparently, the validator is generating URLs but a crucial parameter or
variable has an undefined or void value, resulting in
“http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/null” instead of a proper prefix.

> I wonder, have these references worked in the past?

They have. They still work at

http://www.css-validator.org

I have no idea of what that service might be. I found it by googling for
“css validator”.

Yucca