 Von: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>

 An: "Miller, Samuel" <Samuel.Miller@ppcc.edu>,
"www-validator-css@w3.org" <www-validator-css@w3.org>

 Betreff: Re: Error when attempting to access Referer

 Datum: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:25:30 +0100

    2013-10-28 23:23, Miller, Samuel wrote:

 > When attempting to access this link,

 > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer, [1] I get a
message once

 > the page loads which reads,

 > “Some Headers, mandatory for this resource, are missing.

 >   * Referer”

 > This is the only thing that show up on the page that loads. I
thought

 > you might like to know about this.

 As the last part of the URL suggests, the URL is meant to be used in

 situation where the HTTP headers contain a Referer header. This is
the

 way the validator recognizes the addresses from which it was
“called” so

 that it knows which page should be validated.

 Normally browsers send a Referer header when you follow a link. Your

 browser might have been configured not to do so, as a privacy
measure,

 or maybe a proxy used by your organization filters the header away.
In

 any case, you cannot use the validator using that URL if the Referer

 header (with a value pointing to your page) is not present.

 You can use a different approach in a link, but then you need to

 hard-wire your URL (say http://www.example.com) [2] there:

 http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.example.com
[3]

 > Also referrer has 2 Rs: referrer..

 The HTTP header name is “Referer” by definition, see

 http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.36 [4]

 Yucca

Links:
------
[1]
?ctl=dereferer&amp;to=aHR0cDovL2ppZ3Nhdy53My5vcmcvY3NzLXZhbGlkYXRvci9jaGVjay9yZWZlcmVyLA%3D%3D
[2] ?ctl=dereferer&amp;to=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5leGFtcGxlLmNvbSk%3D
[3]
?ctl=dereferer&amp;to=aHR0cDovL2ppZ3Nhdy53My5vcmcvY3NzLXZhbGlkYXRvci92YWxpZGF0b3I%2FdXJpPWh0dHA6Ly93d3cuZXhhbXBsZS5jb20%3D
[4]
?ctl=dereferer&amp;to=aHR0cDovL3d3dy53My5vcmcvUHJvdG9jb2xzL3JmYzI2MTYvcmZjMjYxNi1zZWMxNC5odG1sI3NlYzE0LjM2