Re: CSS validator bug ?

2013-03-17 17:45, js222 wrote:

> *It seems to be a CSS-Level2 Validator Bug:*

Yes, technically this is a bug in the W3C CSS Validator when using CSS
Level 2 (not 2.1 or 3). But who uses CSS 2 these days? It's obsolete,
and you can't even easily find the CSS 2 specification at the W3C site
(it's at http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/ ).

> *Message:*
> Unknown error
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.w3c.css.properties.css2.Css2Style cannot
> be cast to org.w3c.css.properties.paged.Css2Style
> *URI :* http://www.ub.uni-rostock.de/ub/index_xde.shtml

Looks bad, but I don't think it's particularly important to fix this
bug. There is the simple workaround of validating against CSS 2.1 or CSS3.

> Please have a look to css level2-validation of our homepage:
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.ub.uni-rostock.de/ub/index_xde.shtml&warning=no&profile=css2

The bug can be triggered more directly by validating the style sheet:
http://www.ub.uni-rostock.de/ub/xLayout/design/style/ub_xde.css
(so the problem is not in HTML parsing or in the @import mechanism).

In this case, the style sheet uses CSS3 features, so why validate
against CSS 2?

Yucca