Re: Problem with the W3C CSS Validator

2012-09-23 19:20, Lloyd Fox wrote:

> I should not be getting the following errors because these properties
> should be used to keep compatibility with different browsers. For
> example: the -moz was used to keep compatibility with Firefox, and
> -webkit- with Chrome and Safari. Opera would require an -o-.
> It seems that the CSS validator doesn't recognize these properties.

It does recognize them, but it treats them as they are, non-conforming.

You can, however, make the W3C CSS Validator report them as warnings and
not as errors. This does not make them any more conforming, but you will
find it easier to analyze other errors, when messages are not intervened
by messages about constructs that you use on purpose.

For this, click on "More Options", then select "Warnings" from the
"Vendor Extensions" menu.

Can also suppress all warnings, by selecting "No warnings" from the
"Warnings" menu. I wouldn't recommend that, though; you may miss other,
more relevant warnings then.

Yucca