Re: [Off-topic] HTML 4.01 and the IFRAME element

On 10 Jan 2012, at 21:50, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> I already seem to have hit one nasty using IFRAME (a complete
> show-stopper, in fact) : my JavaScript DOM-walker doesn't
> seem able to recurse inside the IFRAME  -- is this, too, to
> be expected, do you know ?

The child nodes of an iframe element are the alternative content for browsers without iframe support (or with it disabled). You want the contentDocument[1] property to reach the document loaded inside the frame (subject to the same origin policy[2]):

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL/iframe#p-contentDocument
[2] https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Same_origin_policy_for_JavaScript

--
David Dorward