Re: Validator yields error when type="text/css" not specified.

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

> Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
>
>> As an author, just add the attribute. It does no harm either, if you
>> type it correctly. If you mistype it e.g. as type="text/ccs", well,
>> that's an entirely different matter...
>
> Jukka, isn't this better addressed by the use of :
>
> <META http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">

Such a tag looks rather bogus to me: using an extra element, purported to
simulate an HTTP header, to specify something redundant.

More importantly, the W3C CSS Validator seems to ignore it: the <style>
element content still gets discarded.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/