Re: Vendor-specific extensions: warnings, not errors

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> Jens, I suspect that you're not being ignored, rather there's not much
> of a CSS validator team at the moment. I see hardly any commit recently
> on either http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/ (or
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/css-val/ for that matter).

Exactly, I recently tried to find time to alter CSS3 background parsing
based on the latest draft, but had to drop halfway... I hope to find more
time soon.

> That said, I do think your idea has merit, and the lact of disagreement
> from anyone on the list sounds like tacit agreement to me at this point.
> I think the idea may have more chances of being adopted if you manage to
> submit a patch, and find someone (probably on public-qa-dev?) to review
> it.

Indeed, patches are welcomed. However in that case I would be happier to
have the warning only for vendor extensions that are widely used (and even
better the ones we can validate against their std equivalent).

         ~~Yves