Re: Default language

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/about.html
>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/documentation.html

These two were fixed very quickly after my message. :-)
They both now default to English.

>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/Email.html
>
> I get the English version for them, whether I omit Accept-Language or
> use Accept-Language: fi. Tested on Firefox 2 and Lynx.

With "Accept-Language: fi", I get

   * Email.html.en Q= 0.01
   * Email.html.fr Q= 0.01

Without Accept-Language, I get

   * Email.html.en Q= 1.0
   * Email.html.fr Q= 1.0

> If you get something like that with error code 406

No, the response is 300 "Multiple Choices".

> request with an Accept-Language header containing only language codes outside
> the list that can be inferred, then I'd say that the response is correct by
> the HTTP protocol. It might not be user-friendly,

My point was (and is) that the response is *different*. Some pages default
to English, and (at least) Email.html gives this rather cryptic answer.