Re: .htaccess and validation error

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Marko wrote:

> Hi, I want to block the css visualization in my .htaccess file but allow
> users to view my validation status.

I wonder what you mean by css visualization and blocking it in .htaccess,
or by viewing validation status. Please explain in simple words and by
using applicable terms. (It almost looks like you would want to prevent
your CSS code from taking any effect on rendering, yet show off that it
"validates".)

> I've tried to put w3.org or
> http://jigsaw.w3.org in the allowed http_referer but it doesn't work.

You don't specify what you have done - the contents of the .htaccess file
and the way you use, or expects users to use, for checking your CSS code
with the "W3C CSS Validator".

The whole issue looks rather pointless, though. Users aren't interested in
your "validation status".