Re: CSS3 Paged Media properties

Hello Melinda,

I have forwarded your message to the CSS validator list, I believe
you sent it to the markup validator list by mistake. I am setting the
reply-to to the former, please follow-up on the css validator's list.

On Jan 13, 2007, at 08:36 , Grant, Melinda wrote:
>  I have submitted other defects regarding lack of support for paged
> media properties, margin-box props as I recall, but have received
> no response.  Is this an acknowledged defect, and if so, are there
> plans to support these properties?

I am only marginally aware of this css3 module, but it is very likely
that the css3 profile of the validator is not up to date.
Unfortunately at this time, the resources dedicated to the css
validator, either staffed or volunteer, are too little to properly
follow css specifications currently in development, as they are
moving targets for us - we mostly work on bugs regarding mature specs
and usability.

Keeping the validator up to date with moving specs would however be
an easier job for people involved in developing them, i.e, members of
the CSS working group. I have already asked the WG if there was any
interest in helping maintain the profiles of specifications being
worked on by the group (css2.1, css3) but I have not yet received any
substantially positive answer from the group. If I am not mistaken,
you are part of the group, would you like to get the topic on its
agenda?

Thank you,
olivier
--