-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: www-validator-css-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-validator-css-request@w3.org] Namens olivier Thereaux
Verzonden: vrijdag 5 januari 2007 20:24
Aan: David Dorward
CC: Patrick H. Lauke; CSS validator list
Onderwerp: Re: Keyboard accessibility of More Options

Hello David, Patrick,

On Dec 18, 2006, at 17:01 , David Dorward wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 06:53:38PM +0000, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
>> * There seems to be no way to get to the "More Options" pseudo- link
>> via the keyboard
>
>> * With javascript off, those "More Options" pseudo-links are still
>> present, but useless.
>
> I don't consider myself a JavaScript expert, but I've attacked the
> code to see if I could produce something that addresses this issue.
> I'm not 100% happy with the result (which, BTW, is tested only in
> Firefox), but I think that its an improvement, and can be built upon.

David, thanks a lot! I agree that what you did is an improvement over the
previous version. I have taken it and uploaded on the dev server:
http://qa-dev.w3.org:8001/css-validator/validator.html.en

I have made only minor changes:
- slight syntax fixes
- made the labels (redundant when the script kicks in and adds the paragraph
with the link) invisible.
- removed the complicated linkText_Show/Hide_extra_validation_options
class

For the last one, however, I understand why you used it this way, I'm just
hoping we can do something better. We can, as I have done it for now, simply
hardcode the text of the paragraph into the js. But the toggle.js is also
used for other areas (e.g the validation results, which have been broken by
the changes to the javascript - gotta fix that at some point) so it would be
best to have the text be variable.

I suppose we could change the text depending on some class, e.g moreoptions
=> Show/Hide extra validation options moreinfo => More Information
morewarnings => Show/Hide list of warnings etc.

But then there's the question of localization... The text should be
different depending on the display language. So maybe the text of the link
should be given in a title attribute in each of the localized files?

We're making progress, but there are quite a few questions to answer and a
few areas to fix before we can declare victory.

--
olivier