Re: CSS Validator: many warnings for "Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts"

Dear Mark,

[Note that your initial e-mail subject was not useful - I have
changed the subject in my reply]

On Feb 6, 2007, at 02:51 , Mark Lowery wrote:
> I had previously validated my CSS stylesheets with the old
> validator.  Things that came up as "warnings" did not prevent it
> from validating.

And neither does it now.

>   Now, with this new validator, my stylesheets are getting a huge
> amount of "warnings" for the following:
> "Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts..."

The validator is issuing warnings for a situation that, in a general
case, would not be desirable. If you are sure it is OK, just ignore
the warnings.

>   How come and is there any way to validate a stylesheet with this
> new valdiator when it uses the same color in two different contexts?

Use the options to switch off the warnings, or fix the situation, or
ignore the warnings yourself. In either case, it will *not* change
whether the validator will consider the stylesheet to pass or fail
validation - only the presence of errors would.

--
olivier