Re: validation fails, used to pass on these items...

William O. Yates wrote:

> I wonder why the following now fail css validation.  They used to
> pass, and are DIRECT from css docs...

They changed the rules of the game. The W3C CSS Validator now validates
by default according to the CSS 2.1 "profile", as opposite to the
previous CSS 2.0 "profile". CSS 2.1 is a draft but in fact considered as
the excuse for a de-facto specification for CSS, whereas CSS 2.0 is a
W3C recommendation but not in practice recommended by the W3C. Confused?
There's some sense in this nonsense, because CSS 2.1 is considerably
closer to what browsers actually support.

> 18 SPAN.glow Value Error : text-shadow Property text-shadow doesn't
> exist : black 0 0 5px

The text-shadow property has been removed from CSS 2.1, due to the lack
of support. If you still want to use it and wish to check against the
CSS 2.0 specification, use the interface for selecting the CSS 2.0
"profile".

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/