Re: CSS-Validator Install

Hi Suman,

On 7 Jun 2006, at 12:55, Suman wrote:

> 1)Check buttons in Page are not working.It is opening a page and
> displaying a message
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/zsh -f
> umask 002
> PACKAGE=org.w3c.css.css

I can reproduce this problem when the web.xml file is missing from
the proper location.
Make sure you have copied the file web.xml to the directory
[TOMCAT_DIR]/webapps/css-validator/WEB-INF

> 2)In main page there is a link Advanced direct user interface
> (Validate by direct input).The actual page for that link is
> Validator-text.html.en but if i clicked the link it is trying to
> open a page validator-text.
> validator-text page is not  available in directory,browser is
> responding with 404 error.This is occuring for all links in the page.

That's a problem we have noticed, too.
The CSS validator is using language negotiation for a lot of its
pages, so for instance validator-text would point to validator-
text.html.en for english speakers, validator-text.html.fr for french,
etc. Unfortunately I am not aware that tomcat can be set up to do
language negotiation. We've been looking into that, but in the
meantime, you may need to rewrite  the links :(.

regards,
--
olivier