RE: CSS Validation warning: You have no background-color with your color;

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Peter Normann wrote:

> I concur that the design *might* be flawed if the author did not consider
> the background-color of the underlying object could be something unexpected,

Authors do not, in fact, consider such issues. Even you - apparently far
better aware of the issue than most authors - keep demonstrating the very
problem that the warning addresses. You continue the above statement by
explaining why such "unexpected" things won't happen, in your opinion.
This is just the attitude that needs some shaking. The shake might not
have the effect that an author starts using CSS more robustly, but then
again, authors _can_ ignore any warnings (and error messages) if they
like.