Re: CSS Problem.

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, David Dorward wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:32:49PM +0000, A.Panesar-04@student.lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>
>> I am having problems validating my XHTML document to CSS. I get the
>> following error: Please, validate your XML document first!
>
>> The document is a XHTML document and is valid to XHTML already.
>
> The Markup Validator is designed to deal with SGML, it has some
> limitations when it comes to XML

I think the practical problem is that the W3C's CSS checker (misleadingly
called "CSS validator") performs, as a side job, some XML markup
validation that works, in some details, better than W3C's markup
validator. It's certainly somewhat surprising to see a W3C service first
report a document as valid, then another W3C service you to validate your
document first. What is an author supposed to do?