RE: Warnings with valid background-color

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Matt LaPlante wrote:

> Well I think the best course of action would be to differentiate between
> technical "warnings" and style "warnings".

First you complained about non-objective warnings. Now you want to have
two kinds of warnings.

> In fact, the validator did catch an invalid font family name I
> had been using, and reported it as a "warning," which I subsequently
> corrected.

I have no idea of what you are referring to, since you give no actual
facts about the incident.

> I avoided forwarding the entire previous email text again, but I would like
> to address one comment here:

It's one that was already commented on, and the comments commented on.
I'm not going to repeat. I will just correct one factual error:

> It's all set in writing by a standards body;

It isn't. The W3C is not a standards body. It's an industry consortium
that produces "recommendations", among other things. (I refrain commenting
on the authoritative status of CSS "recommendations"; it's so sad
history.)