Re: Error in the German translation

Hello Manuel,

On Sat, May 14, 2005, Manuel Strehl wrote:
> It is very nice, that the answer is in German,
> like the lang-attribute on my page was telling.

Actually, the results are in german because your browser is set up to
prefer german among the various languages the CSS validator supports,
but I digress from the ponit of your message.

> But the provided text on the validator page contains spelling mistakes
> so that all german umlauts are delivered as "?". I looked up the
> source code and either it is really wrong in the text (maybe because
> of bad copy & paste) or there is a mistake in server side handling of
> the charakters.

I believe the cause of the problem is a discrepancy in the encodings
used. I remember Yves worked on this a while ago, and I will check with
him. In the meantime, since I recall that part of the solution was to
recode the properties files in utf-8, I have done so for the properties
in german (in CVS, not yet on the validation service), and will followup
on the general encoding issue.

Thanks for your patience.
--
olivier