Re: Parse Tree

David Dorward wrote:

> When the validator tells you that you need valid markup, it *isn't*
> telling you that you don't already have it.

Yes, and when the validator tells me (for example)
"Choose URIs wisely", it isn't telling me that
I've chosen them foolishly.  But to "the average man"
(a passenger on a number 52 omnibus on Clapham Common,
according to one learned judge) "have you stopped
beating your wife yet" carries certain implicit semantics
with it, just as do "You need valid markup" and
"Choose URIs wisely".  The Validator is foolish, IMHO,
in drawing its users' attention to matters that do
not necessarily require any ...

My two penn'orth.

Philip Taylor