Re: Vendor Specific Extensions

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>> So is using proprietary extensions in a way specified e.g. in CSS 2.1
>> making the stylesheet an invalid CSS stylesheet? Or is it merely making
>> it just an invalid CSS 2.1 (or CSS 3, 1, 42) stylesheet?
>
>They will always be invalid. Properties starting with such prefixes are
>just known not to be reused by the CSS WG/W3C so they can safely be used
>to experiment without causing problems in the future.

I'm sorry, I mixed up "parse-able" and "valid". I'm suggesting a CSS
Validator profile that only reports parsing errors, but does not
validate against a certain CSS revision. Secondly, I'm suggesting an
additional switch to validate against a certain CSS profile, and copy
extension properties verbatim to the output, giving (at most) a warning
on it, but no error.

This would enhance its usability during private experimental stages.

Regards, Christian.

--
Please don't CC list answers to my own email address.
I actually read the lists I post to.