Re: CSS-Validator Result Page - A code error?

 --- mi$c <misc@aggro.org> wrote:
> I do not know if this is meant to be a bug, but the
> code you provide
> to link to your CSS validation page after
> successfully validating a
> CSS is NOT XHTML compliant, is it?

> and for you never know what standard the
> target page provides
> you should precautionary match the highest standard
> I just assumed
> this might be an error.
> Otherwise it would be useful to at least inform the
> user about
> adjusting the code if necessary.

I agree this is an issue, but not a bug.

When the validator processes a CSS file directly
  -> A direct CSS url was given
  -> File Upload
then the validator does not know what type of (X)HTML
is using this file.

Two ways of solving this issue is to either provide
versions of the code for all types of (X)HTML, or to
let the user choose the type of HTML involved.

Nick Bishop.
----
"Thankyou for calling the Australian Bureau of
Statistics.
For lies, press 1
For damned lies, press 2
For statistics, press 3