Re: Bad URI?

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Tom Barry wrote:

> When trying to validate this url: http://users.n-12.net/_n/about/nultra, the
> validator returns a bad url error. the page is definatly valid. what is wrong?

Presumably you have changed something (maybe due to answers posted), since
the validator now checks the page and reports a markup error.

Do you think it is adequate to put an icon indicating conformance to
XHTML 1.1 _before_ you have validated the markup? And why do you use
XHTML 1.1 advertized as text/html? Some people have said that it's
strictly speaking not a violation of the specification, but it's surely
not the recommended way.

(If you ask me, the right time to put such an icon on one's page is the
moment when you absolutely know that nobody will ever change the page in
any manner that would make it invalid _and_ it can be known that the icon
conveys a useful message to anyone visiting the page. That is, never.)