Re: Valid CSS

* David Harrison wrote:
>I used the (X)HTML validator for a .html file that I had made and it passed
>for XHTML 1.1 strict. It them allowed me to display an image on that page
>that said I had used valid XHTML 1.1 code.
>Then I used the CSS validator to validate a .css file that I had made, it
>passed for valid CSS Level 2. However, it did not say that I could display
>an image to state that I had used valid CSS. I did not think anything of
>this until I saw the image for valid CSS at the bottom of the page, so I was
>wondering, did someone just "forget" to say that people could display the
>image, or is it an image that just the W3C use.

If you submit only the URI of a style sheet, the CSS Validator does not
know whether the style sheet is used to style an HTML/XHTML document or
some different document type (like SVG for example), so it'd be to some
extend confusing to validator users if HTML/XHTML code is provided for
a web site that probably doesn't exist. If you submit the URI of your
web site you will get such an image. However, you may use the icon if
you style sheets are valid, regardless of whether the validator provides
code to include it.

regards.