Re: Xerces classes

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 10:17, Sijtsche Smeman wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> I committed my sources in our own CVS to do the merge properly and not loose
> anything. So it's there, but I can't give you an account, since then you
> would be able to access all repositories. This will change probably next
> week. Do you have an idea when I could get my account to the W3C CVS server?

Having the sources in your CVS repository is not really useful. I have
to go down the hall and ask the system to open the account. I sent them
an email a month ago and completely forgot to make sure it was done. :-/
The AC meeting and web conference didn't help tracking that kind of
stuffs. Sorry about that.

> I have my sources running by now and will do some testing. Sometime next
> week I can send you the zipped sources that are merged with yours (tag
> original_march_2001) if you want. I have a list of files that I have changed
> if necessary. Who will do the additional merging in the files you indicated?
>
> For the CVS directories you mentioned:
> the changes in http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/org/w3c/css/css/
> do not affect my files.
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/org/w3c/css/parser/analyzer/: I
> have changed the file CssParser.jj too, but I think I can add your changes
> into my version quite easy if they are not too complicated.

There are not. see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator-css/2002May/0030.html
"added '_' in identifier"

> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/org/w3c/css/servlet/: I have
> changed CssValidator.java too, but I can add your change here too.
>

> What do we do with the Xerces classes?

we keep them out of the W3C CVS repository. The xerces used on
jigsaw.w3.org is the one included in the jigsaw distribution and cannot
be changed easely.

> PS. How can I subscribe to the CSS validator mailing list?

You are now.

Philippe