Re: Can I ask what is wrong?

* Webmaster Portalargentino wrote:
>after 12 months of working OK for me, as an enthusiastic adept of external
>HTML and CSS validation, I now fail to understand what the CSS Validator is
>warning about my web pages.
>
>For example I run www.portalargentino.net/calidad.htm through CSS Validator
>and it replies:

>----
>Validator
>Error
>Target: http://www.portalargentino.net/calidad.htm
>Please, validate your XML document first!
>
>Line 36
>
>Column 22
>
>An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xfa) was found in the element content of
>the document.
>----
>
>There is no Line 36, column 22 in my source HTML file, so I can't know what
>to fix.

Hu? There is. Anyway, you are using 8 bit characters like 'á' in your
document, propably encoded as ISO-8859-1 but you don't declare this
encoding in your XML declaration as you should (or must, depending on
the XML 1.0 errata). Appropriate would be something like

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding='iso-8859-1'?>