RE: TV Back Channel

Martin-

RTSP is the session control protocol only and doesn't specify how to carry
anything.

And, it is not meant to even control complex MPEG-TS streams, including
DSMCC carousels, PSI, etc.  It was really designed for program or
elementary streams, not transport packets.  It certainly *could* be used to
control them I suppose, but I'm not aware of anyone doing this.

         Mike

At 05:56 PM 5/15/00 +0100, Martin Spamer wrote:
> [...]

Michael A. Dolan, Representing DIRECTV,  (619)445-9070
PO Box 1673 Alpine, CA 91903        FAX: (619)445-6122