Re: Where are we?

----- Original Message -----
From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>
To: Jack Lang <fw23@dial.pipex.com>; Dan Zigmond <djz@corp.webtv.net>;
'Scott J. Anderson' <sjanderson@newshour.org>; <www-tv@w3c.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 1999 7:13 AM
Subject: Re: Where are we?

> Then it's possible to build an association service that is able to
transmit
> things like:
>
>    content://international.syndicates.com/TheLucyShow/Episode497/ will be
>    transmitted on tv-channel://bbc1.bbc.co.uk/19990422:2200+0000:30min
>
> I think that's where we should end up; but since there's no consensus
(that
> I can hear) in this group that we should go straight there, we should just
> make sure we don't block the possibility of ending up there.

I agree with Harald. A separate URL must be embedded for program info, but
I'm wondering if this would setup a conflict between program and channel
info. I don't think it would because the channel info would be part of a
separate program guide. Is that correct? Would this allow channels to pop
promos, etc., onto the screen? If there was a conflict would the show or the
channel info have priority?

best...
--sja